6-Hours of Audio for anyone who wants to work more effectively with adults with ADHD.
This live seminar recording will help you more effectively identify and work with the adults with ADHD who you are already treating or coaching. Adults with undiagnosed ADHD struggle through every aspect of life—school, work, relationships and life management. Dr. Ari Tuckman is a critically-acclaimed author and science-driven adult ADHD expert who is well known for his ability to make complex concepts understandable and useful. You will walk away from this seminar with countless specific strategies that you will be able to utilize immediately. Whether you want to work more effectively with the clients you already have or expand into an exciting and growing practice niche, this seminar will provide you with an integrative and comprehensive treatment model for success.
Although this seminar is primarily intended for clinicians, anyone with an interest in ADHD (whether your own or someone else’s) will benefit from it. This seminar will give you a deep understanding of what ADHD is and what you can do about it. Although the content is grounded in complex clinical and scientific concepts, Dr. Tuckman’s presentation style makes it easy to follow along.
Dr. Tuckman will provide you with a four-part treatment model which incorporates:
- Client education to promote self-awareness
- Medication to improve general cognitive functioning
- Coaching to increase life management skills
- Psychotherapy to improve self-esteem and self-efficacy
Who would benefit from this Live, 6-hour Seminar Recording?
Anyone who treats, coaches, and/or provides support services for adults with ADHD.
- Identify undiagnosed ADHD within the adults you already work with
- Differentiate the comorbid conditions that mimic, mask and exacerbate ADHD
- Use targeted interventions based on an understanding of the role of executive functions in ADHD
- Educate clients and their family members about ADHD, both as part of your sessions and with external resources
- Explain the benefits and side-effects of commonly prescribed medications for ADHD
- Create more effective coaching strategies based on an understanding of executive functions
- Apply your understanding of the neurological factors of ADHD to help clients overcome the psychological effects on self-esteem and self-efficacy
Course Outline Get the Diagnosis Right
- They’re already in your caseload
- Over- and under-diagnosis
- New, empirically-based criteria
- Strengths and weaknesses of assessment instruments
- Gender differences
- Making sense of confusing comorbidities
- Brief overview of involved brain areas
- Debunking unsupported theories of causation
Executive Functions Explain It All
- The fundamental role of response inhibition
- Various affected executive functions
- Impact on daily living
Life is Harder with ADHD
- Not making the grade
- Working harder at work
- Dealing with all the daily details
- The psychological fall-out
- Unsatisfying and imbalanced relationships
The Integrative Treatment Model
- Therapy, Education, Medication, Coaching
Education about ADHD is Crucial
- Reduce unproductive blame, guilt, and anger
- More effective strategies
- Educate family members, too
Medications & Other Biological Treatments
- Benefits, risks, and side-effects
- Alternative treatments
- Add coaching to your therapy for maximum impact
- Executive functions-based coaching strategies
- The right tool for the job
- Traditional psychotherapy isn’t enough
- Adapting therapy for ADHD
- The four stages of adjustment to an ADHD diagnosis
- Value successes while accepting failures
- Address comorbid disorders
- Work around ADHD traits that interfere with therapy
- Couples/family therapy
Order Today and receive the following, immediately downloadable bonuses!
- A PDF of the slides used in the original presentation.
- A handout for clients (ready to be printed on your own letterhead) on ADHD Medication Basics, adapted from Dr. Tuckman’s book, More Attention Less Deficit Success Strategies for Adults with ADHD
- A handout for clients (ready to be printed on your own letterhead) with a list of the best ADHD resources
- A one page handout for clients summarizing the integrative treatment model for ADHD, from Dr. Tuckman’s book, Integrative Treatment for Adult ADHD: A Practical, Easy-to -Use Guide for Clinicians.
- A free chapter from Dr. Tuckman’s book for adults with ADHD, More Attention Less Deficit Success Strategies for Adults with ADHD
- A free chapter from Dr. Tuckman’s book for clinicians, Integrative Treatment for Adult ADHD: A Practical, Easy-to -Use Guide for Clinicians
- A free chapter from Dr. Tuckman’s brand new workbook, Understand Your Brain, Get More Done: The ADHD Executive Functions Workbook.
There are TWO options for your order!
1. Get all 6 hours of audio, via instant download link, from Dr. Tuckman’s highly acclaimed full-day teleseminar on Integrative Treatment for Adult ADHD at the digital discount price of only
Sale price $47!
2. Get all 6 hours of audio via instant download link AND the physical CD’s mailed to you for only
Sale price $77!
Six CEUs will be available for marriage & family therapists, psychologists, social workers, and mental health counselors who complete this course. This will be provided at an additional charge through the National Association for Continuing Education (www.NACEonline.com). Click the graphic above or here
to find out more.
About Your Speaker:
“Ari Tuckman, PsyD, MBA is a psychologist in private practice, specializing in diagnosing and treating children, teens, and adults with ADHD, anxiety, and depression. He is the author of three critically-acclaimed books: Understand Your Brain, Get More Done: The ADHD Executive Functions Workbook (2011), More Attention, Less Deficit: Success Strategies for Adults with ADHD (2009) and Integrative Treatment for Adult ADHD: A Practical, Easy-to-Use Guide for Clinicians (2007) and is a regular contributor to numerous ADHD-related publications, including ADDitude Magazine and Attention Magazine.
Dr. Tuckman is a frequent presenter who routinely earns excellent reviews for his ability to make complex concepts understandable and useful. He has given over 200 presentations to professionals and members of the public, from parent-teacher association meetings to international conferences and full day continuing education seminars. He has appeared on CNN, National Public Radio (NPR), and XM Radio and been quoted in The New York Times, The Washington Post and Boston Globe.
Dr. Tuckman’s podcast “More Attention, Less Deficit” has more than ninety episodes and has had over half a million downloads.
For more information about the podcast, books, recordings of past presentations, and upcoming events, you can check out Dr. Tuckman’s website at www.adultADHDbook.com.”
In association with